The County Clerk's Office is located on the first floor of the Trego County Courthouse in WaKeeney, Kansas. As an elected position, the County Clerk serves a term of 4 years and also serves as secretary to the Board of County Commissioners.
- Cereal Malt Beverage/Drinking Establishment Licenses - Rural Area
- Homestead Claims - Kansas Department of Revenue
- Moving Permits
- Building Permits - within a three mile radius around the City of WaKeeney
- Real Estate Ownership Transfers - for real estate taxes
- Find Federal Income Tax Forms
- Scrap Metal Permits - within rural areas
- Plat Maps
- Voter Registration
- Purchase or Learn More about Kansas Fishing and Hunting Licenses
- Kansas Hunting Regulations
- Kansas Fishing Regulations
- Park and Camping Permits
Registering to Vote
Qualified persons may register to vote at the County Clerk's office by requesting an application form, or downloading a Voter Registration Application (PDF).
If you have changed your name or address, contact the County Clerk at 785-743-5773 to update your voter registration information.
Qualifications to register to vote are:
- Must be a U.S. citizen and a resident of the State of Kansas, have reached the age of 18 before the next statewide general election
- Have abandoned your former residence and/or name
- Have your civil rights restored, if convicted of a felony.