New Registration

General Information

Whether you have just moved into Trego County, or you are a long-time resident with a new car or truck, you must register your vehicle in the Trego County Treasurer's office.

You will need to get a new Kansas license plate or, in some instances, you may be able to transfer your old plate to your new vehicle. This may be done in the Trego County Treasurer's office with the proper documentation and the payment of fees, property tax, and sales tax where applicable.

Listed below are the steps to guide you through this process as efficiently as possible.